.

Travel Diary: Penang Island (Day Two)

Tuesday, 19 June 2018

Let's jump in the story when I was in Penang Island . .

Our second day in Penang is more meaningful as we "booked" Ah Zheng for full day trip. He brought us from places to places. Ah Zheng gave us per hour price hahaha, so we must not waste our time for this trip.

Before we started our trip, Ah Zheng brought us to eat another cah kwetiau, but too bad I don't know where it is. WHAT KIND OF BLOGGER YOU ARE?! :3

Another cah kwetiau

Melon snow flakes

In this kopitiam, I tried their Melon Snowflake. It's not like ordinary shaved ice and poured with syrup, but you'll find iced syrup itself that being shaved and topped with melon, nata de coco, grass jelly, and syrup. Nice one.

Ah Zheng pretty prepared. We don't even mention where to go, because most places that we know is famous enough for tourists also well known for Ah Zheng mah. So on the first trip, Ah Zheng brought us to Coffee Tree and Tea Leaf.

You will find a lot of Coffee Tree banner all around kopitiam in Penang. Quite famous, right?

So this two building is the showroom. You can find a lot variants of coffee and tea, trying all the coffee there with free tester (hahaha) because there's sooo many delicious coffee mix! Not only coffee mix, there are raw coffee beans, powder, even chocolates.
I bought the Green Tea Coffee one, my brother bought the Charcoal Roasted Coffee and Arabica Coffee Bean. Honestly the coffee is not cheap, my 15 small packs of Green Tea Coffee costs RM52.00. But the coffee beans that my bro bought smells really good and roasted well till "crisp". Yes, my bro liked to test the coffee by eating the beans before grinding it.

Coffee Tree

We don't go inside Tealeaf, tho hahaha
Next, we go to Thai Buddhist Temple. This temple is pretty artistic, when I'm in this temple I feel like I'm in Thailand hahahaha . . 

Wat Chaiyamangalaram Thai Buddhist Temple

My regret for not trying this #cryinginside



This dragon is coated with glass, that's why so bling-bling
Reclining Buddha Statue
In front of the temple you'll find Burmese Buddhist Temple. If in the Thai Buddhist Temple we'll find Reclining Buddha Statue, in the Burmese Buddhist temple we'll find Standing Buddha Statue.

Burmese Buddhist Temple
Tho they said it's Standing Buddha Temple, I only find the Sitting Buddha Statue
Might be somewhere I missed (?)


Both temples have quite similar appearance, I get confused with my own gallery hahaha . .
Moving on we have go to the most famous temple in Penang. Yes! It's the 12.1 hectares, biggest Buddhist temple in Malaysia: Kek Lok Si Temple.

The view from the top of Kek Lok Si Temple is AWESOME!
Giant Guan Yin Statue


Too bad I can't find way to go to Pagoda of Ten Thousand Buddhas because the fence was locked and I can't find the other way to go there. But I think there must be a way to go there, I just missed it #again

But I found the smaller Pagoda instead hahahaha


There's is wishing tree in the praying hall



If you like to feed fish, you can buy some fish food from kiosk around
No, I'm not advertising the fish food
Near the fish pond, you'll find 12 Chinese Zodiac Statues
Mine is Tiger. So, which one is yours?
I'm so speechless to describe this temple. It just too big and unfortunately I can't take a full trip to discover more of the temple. I wonder if I can visit this temple at night, it would be really beautiful! For whoever that gonna visit Penang Island must not missed to visit this temple, too!

Got so hungry after wandering around the temples, we come to try Penang Assam Laksa. If you like to eat Spicy Sour Fish or Tomyam, you might love to try Assam Laksa. Ah Zheng brought us to Restaurant Taman Emas, in front of Penang Chinese Girls' Private High School. So while you eat, you can hunt for Meimei too. What a nice location, huh?

Delicious Assam Laksa
After lunch, we go to Penang Botanic Garden. We took a ride that costs RM10.00 for foreigner without Malaysia ID Card. For Malaysian? Only RM3.00. Don't know why I'm still taking the ride after knowing such a descrimination on their pricing, maybe I expected this garden would be like a Safari in Puncak. No, there's no other animal except monkeys. I am crying for my wallet here. The garden is quite wide, some people come for jogging around or enjoy the peace(?) If you are gonna visit this garden, I would recommend to walk instead of take the RM10.00 ride.





The driver drop us in the "garden". He said, we should take a look at, but honestly this garden is not beautiful, more like abandoned eventhough there's gardener, I don't think we'll find any beautiful or exotic plants here.

They should have trim the flower gate better :)

In the night Ah Zheng take us to Batu Kawan to eat fresh seafood. It's about 45 minutes from city and costs about RM150.00 for transportation to go there. If you're seafood fans, Batu Kawan is your kawan lah. We come to Ee Sheng Restaurant, Ah Zheng said this one is fast and more delicious.


They give us something like bread to dip in crab sauce

The dishes really come fast, tasted great, and see hog big plate we get!
There is also two other dishes that we ordered but I was too hungry to wait, so no photo taken for those two hahaha . . I would love to go Ee Sheng again <3
For all foods and drinks it costs about RM370.00, the price still reasonable lah.

Woaaah such a long post I've wrote in office, am I gonna be fired if they find out? Huahahahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS