I have a long story after my hiatus on this blog, so i'm gonna section per day for this travel trip (to fill this blog with more post). Hohohoho . .
On first day of the trip, we visited Dad's favourite Yong Tahu restaurant, Ah Koong, once we arrived in Johor Bahru and before we go to Senai Airport. Whenever I come, this restaurant always so crowd and i realized this restaurant is pretty famous, you just need to tell the drivers "Ah Koong fishball" and they'll take you there.
On first day of the trip, we visited Dad's favourite Yong Tahu restaurant, Ah Koong, once we arrived in Johor Bahru and before we go to Senai Airport. Whenever I come, this restaurant always so crowd and i realized this restaurant is pretty famous, you just need to tell the drivers "Ah Koong fishball" and they'll take you there.
We can pick all we want in Ah Koong. From their handmade fishballs to fresh oysters and scallops. The price equals on how you pick the topping for your soup, so be wise hahaha. Not so cheap, but worth it lah.
After Ah Koong, we off to Senai Airport
![]() |
| Not our plane :') |
When we arrived in Penang, we met our favourite driver ever, Ah Zheng. He's quiet at first but after times we get along he's pretty talkative and humble!
In Penang you'll find a lot of Medan people. Penang and Medan is pretty near, only took about 30 minutes flight. They also said a lot of Medanese moved to Penang when 'Indonesian's Reformation Era'. Most local speaks with Medan accent. So it's Medan accent sounds like Penang or Penang accent sounds like Medan? Hmm . . nevermind lah.
Our driver, Ah Zheng, brought us to the famous traditional massage "sinseh" in Penang. It's on the first floor of the HDB, The address is at Ayer Itam.
There is Handsome Koko who's setting my father's bone. When I say "handsome koko", I really mean it. You know, the person that amazed you like "Wow, is he really a traditional masseur?"
Don't doubt, this place is decent place and Dad said his hand feels so much better after 3 days in a row we come here for Dad's theraphy (thought theraphy in a row is not a recommended but Dad said, "mumpung masih di Penang"). Here, seems like the therapist are Sinseh's family, from Sinseh, to his daughter, son-in-law, and Handsome Koko might be his grandson.
Wah, can't forget his face lah :D
They also got FB fanpage leh, I wonder if I can find Handsome Koko's social media in there! Hahaha . .
Talking about Handsome Koko, I almost forgot to tell you the fried kwetiau we took while waiting the opening hours of the massage sinseh. Penang most famous with Assam Laksa and Cah Kwetiau mah, so should try one lah.
| Kwetiau near Sinseh |
This kwetiau is pretty simple, I think only contains kwetiau, egg, bean sprouts, and chinese sausage. But I like this kwetiau because it's not too wet, I don't like wet or oily fried kwetiau so this one is great for me. They give me a lot of shrimp (i loveeee shrimp), but I never like the chinese pork sausage. Overall this kwetiau not bad, but I'm not gonna overrate the taste.
| Sapo Mee |
![]() |
| Wonton Mee #mybrotookbetterphotothanme |
The fried dumplings also delicious. They also give two dumplings in the soup.
The three dishes plus 2 mineral water costs RM16.00 only!
After Dad's done with his theraphy, we visited the famous hawker street near the hotel, Newlane Street. I took RM28.00 fried oyster that tasted no better than JB's. Not forget to mention hawker's street service is not so good. Later, we just heard from Ah Zheng that Newlane and Gurney Drive is not a place that locals would visit.
To be continue on Day Two :D



No comments:
Post a Comment